miércoles, 12 de diciembre de 2007

The lack of an adequate infrastructure for the internet start-ups

Before I read this article [1] I knew that Silicon Valley is already in another level (maybe in another world!), but now I realize that the Europeans are worry too (so I am), another article [2] written by the entrepreneur Kulveer Taggar explained that he had to move from Oxford to Silicon Valley and says "London is especially hard for internet start-ups because it is expensive", and from my experience I can say that Lima in Peru (I am living there currently) lacks from venture capitals so it is almost impossible to start-up an internet project. Both cities complete different seems to share the same problem the lack of an adequate infrastructure for the internet start-ups. But the Europeans are doing something to compete with the US' west coast, I guess that is the main reason of The LeWeb conference [3].

This issue is very important, because we are in the knowledge century and internet for me is the main driver of it, all the human's actual information is there, the search engines can tell us what is out there in the cyberspace, they actually know our behavior as a society, with that enormous tool we can figure out where is the power now. So for that and endless reasons we must have the adequate infrastructure for the internet start-ups, those projects might be as successful,useful as Google and could help us to organize all the information that is scattered.

References:
[1] http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7139175.stm
[2] http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6355289.stm
[3] http://www.leweb3.com/

No hay comentarios.: