miércoles, 16 de abril de 2008

Israel and the VCs ...

Today I read a post from Robert Scoble where he said that there is a trend: (he’s noticing that) “…the further away a tech area is from Silicon Valley the less respect that area will get”. [1] I agree with him, you have to research more if you want to know what’s going on in different places away from the valley. Another issue is coming up from that, if you are not in the famous valley, how can you reach the VCs??. If you want to try out some idea to work in latin America, you will find the lack of a real platform to lift up an idea and become a success company (as far as I know there are some tech areas in Colombia and Brazil), that have to change in order to decentralize this issue. I made a research today about the tech world in Israel and found out they have a lot of VCs there, good for geeks and the economy there. This website has like 90 VCs [2] located in Israel, in the list is Sequoia Capital one of the VCs that help Google. To put it more interesting this issue I will put it this way: Israel have 7.22 millions of people [3] and that website [2] has like 90 VCs, so let divide 7 millions into 90 VCs, we got that they have one VC per 77777.77 habitants (if I’m wrong let me know it) , I guess that’s a perfect environment for the start-ups, for science and the economy. Latin America should go that way!!

[1] http://scobleizer.com/2008/04/15/
israel-a-country-too-far-from-mike-arringtons-house/

[2] http://www.science.co.il/Venture-Capital-Funds.asp
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel


No hay comentarios.: